Father’s Day 2020
Are you deciding how to treat the special Dad in your life to a special Father’s Day? Our teams at John Howie Steak (Bellevue), Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar (Bellevue) and Beardslee Public House (Bothell) are here to help – whether you are ready to join us for a celebration in one of our dining rooms or wish to treat him with one of our delicious and simple prepare-at-home options. A bottle of Wildwood Spirits Co.’s award-winning The Dark Door bourbon or Kur gin also makes a great gift for Dad!
In accordance with King County Phase 1.5 guidelines, we have reopened all of our restaurants at 25 percent capacity and outdoor seating (at Beardslee Public House only) at 50 percent capacity. Father’s Day weekend reservations may be made online, through our websites.
• Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar: https://seastarrestaurant.com/reservations/
• John Howie Steak: https://johnhowiesteak.com/reservations/
• Beardslee Public House: https://beardsleeph.com/reservations/
What to Expect When Coming Inside the Restaurant
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and crew. With this in mind, we have made numerous changes and implemented new procedures:
• Air Quality: We recently installed ultra-violet air scrubbers inside all three restaurants. These air cleaning devices remove 99 percent of all viral and bacterial contaminants in the air and on surfaces.
• Cleaning Procedures: We vigilantly clean and disinfect all surfaces and high-touch areas several times every hour with an anti-viral sanitizer called DC33, an EPA-registered, hospital grade disinfectant.
• Restaurant Environment: Menus will be available in several formats: disposable paper menus, online and accessible via your phone or on one of our portable electronic devices that will be sanitized after every use.
• Crew Safety: Upon arrival at work each day, every crew member has their temperature taken. Additionally, they are required to thoroughly wash their hands every 30 minutes (at minimum). All crew members will wear face masks and gloves, as appropriate.
• Social Distancing: At 25 percent capacity, the size of our restaurants fortunately allow us to easily seat guests at more than the minimum social distancing requirements.
Father’s Day Home Celebration Options
For our guests who prefer to celebrate Dad at home, we have several options. Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar and John Howie Steak have each created special prepare-at-home Father’s Day menu packages that come with all you need to quickly put together a memorable culinary experience for Dad.
Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar Saturday Family Meal
Pre order required; pick up Saturday 6/20 – $60 and serves 4 people ($15 per person)
• Mom’s Potato Salad, Classic Cole Slaw – NF/GF
• BBQ Spiced Tender Baby Back Ribs, Sweet-n-Spicy Honey BBQ Sauce,
and Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cojita and Tajin – GF/NF
• Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies – V/NF
Add on options
• Bulleit Bourbon Barrel Aged Manhattan for Four – $27
• Beardslee Public House & Brewery, 32oz Crowler Make Me Hoppy IPA – $7
• DeLille Cellars “D2” Columbia Valley Red Blend, WA 2017 – $37
John Howie Steak Father’s Day Home Menu
Pre order by Friday 6/19 and pick up Saturday 6/20 or Sunday, 6/21 (serves 4 people)
• (4 each) John Howie Steaks – Pretzel Rolls with Mustard Butter
• (4 each) John Howie Steaks Famous Five Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
• (4 each) Crisp Romaine Heart Caesar Salad with Reggiano Parmigiano
• (12 oz’s) Brown Butter Braised Asparagus
• (4 each) Chocolate Lava Cakes with Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Crème
• (4oz tin) JHS Steak Seasoning
Choose one of the steak options below
• (4 each) 14oz USDA Prime Baseball Cut Top Sirloin – $225
• (4 each) 6oz USDA Prime Filet Mignon – $225
• (4 each) 12oz USDA Prime Rib Eye Steaks – $250
• (2 each) (1) 32oz and (1) 48oz American Wagyu “Tomahawk” Long Bone Rib Eye Steaks – $300
Add on options
• (2 each) 8oz Cold Water Lobster Tails – $60
• (4 each) 4oz Alaskan King Crab Merus Legs – $70
• (1 cup) JHS Bordelaise Sauce – $18
• (1 cup) JHS Steak Sauce – $6
• (Wine) Mark Ryan “John Howie” Cabernet Sauvignon, CV, WA 2018 – $28
• (Wine) DeLille Cellars “D2” Red Blend, CV, 2018??? – $37
We will continue to offer our popular curbside butcher boxes (John Howie Steak and Beardslee Public House) and from the sea surf and turf box (Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar). I especially want to highlight the tremendous value of our new Beardslee Public House curbside butcher box.
Beardslee Public House Father’s Day Ultimate Bacon Burger Grilling Box ($104.95) (https://beardsleeph.com)
Pre order required and available for pick up at Beardslee Public House beginning Saturday, 6/20 ($104.95)
• Ultimate Bacon Burger Kit (makes 4 burgers): 1/3 lb ground bacon-beef patties, house baked BPH hamburger buns, (4 slices) Tillamook Cheddar cheese, 4oz Canadian Bacon, 1 lb apple bacon, and (½ cup) BPH burger spread. All you need to add is the tomato and lettuce!
• (1 ½ lb) Beef Short Ribs for Grilling with Kalbi Marinade – (Fresh)
• (4 ea.) 6oz USDA Prime Sirloin Cap Steaks (Fresh)
• (4 ea.) 7-8oz Thick Cut Pork Porterhouse Bone-In Chops (Fresh)
• (1 ea.) 16oz Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
• (1 ea.) 2oz BPH Steak Seasoning
This box includes instructions for how to use the products in your box and recipes to make my ultimate bacon burger, a grilled sirloin cap steak (one of my favorites), grilled Kalbi beef short ribs, grilled pork porterhouse chops, and the best ever Valrhona chocolate chip cookies.
Please visit our web sites for more information on our current John Howie Steak curbside butcher boxes and Seastar from the sea box offerings.
• John Howie Steak Curbside Butcher Boxes (https://johnhowiesteak.com)
• Seastar From the Sea Box (https://seastarrestaurant.com)
Wildwood Spirits Co.
I highly recommend treating Dad to a bottle of award-winning spirits made by my partner and master distiller Erik Liedholm at our Bothell-based distillery. Wildwood Spirits Co. uses Washington State produce and sources nearly all its ingredients from local farms. The Dark Door bourbon, Kur gin, Stark Vatten vodka and Arande grappa can be ordered via https://wildwoodspiritsco.com for home delivery. Curbside pick up from the distillery is also an option (and saves on shipping!).
Issaquah Pop Up Location – Friday, 6/19
New: we are now offering Friday pick up of Seastar family meals, curbside butcher boxes, from the sea surf and turf boxes, wine, beer, cocktails to go and bottled spirits from Wildwood Spirits Co. via preorder for touchless curbside delivery at our new Issaquah Pop Up location – Hilton Garden Inn, 1800 NW Gilman Boulevard. Please visit the Issaquah Pop Up web site for a complete list of offerings: https://chefjohnhowie.com/blog/2020/05/29/chef-john-howies-eastside-pop-up-is-coming-to-issaquah/
I hope one of these Father’s Day meal options will suit the special Dad in your life perfectly, and I want to sincerely thank you for your support of our restaurants and my restaurant family over the past three months!
With great gratitude and love,
Chef John Howie